Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Google Reader: My Own Custom News Site

Grad student Anne Greenawalt presented on Google Reader, one of the many different features I had yet to discover on Google. I knew that Google, being one of the biggest search engines in the world, had several different features, other than finding sites and getting basic news and images. Reader seemed interesting when Miss Greenawalt introduced it to the class. In the past few days, I began to toy with Google Reader and I find it very helpful, especially when it comes to finding information and news that I constantly look for on a daily basis online.
With Google Reader, I am able to find news on the NHL, Notre Dame Football, Pittsburgh News, and other articles and editorials that would be appealing to me. In 15 minutes, I was able to get dozens of stories based on my interest as I subscribed to sites like Bleacher Report for Notre Dame sports news and other websites where I can find information for me, especially since I have a radio show that deals with sports most of the time. Like I said, Google has a lot of different features, and this is slowly becoming my favorite over Google News and Google Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment